Guaranteed Income Improves Physical & Psychological Health
- Guaranteed income did not cause people to leave the workforce, instead it led to shifts from unemployed to employed. This trend of maintained employment continued throughout the study.
- Recipients used the funds to manage risk by supporting themselves and their networks, particularly during the pandemic.
- Prior to the pandemic, people who received monthly guaranteed income payments had improved psychological health and experienced less month-to-month income volatility.
- Guaranteed income payments led to improved health prior to and during the pandemic.
- Guaranteed income led to increased self-determination and agency, as well as a higher capacity for risk-taking.