During the Bipartisan Policy briefing, Overcoming Health Care Challenges in Immigrant Communities, panelists discussed challenges to immigrant communities accessing health care and social services—including cultural, linguistic, coverage, and other barriers—and how this impacts broader population health and well-being. The conversation was led by co-moderators with backgrounds in health and immigration policy, respectively. The discussion covered real-world challenges and solutions alongside research and general trends.
- Hector F. Gonzalez, MD, MPH, Director of Health, City of Laredo Health Department
- Maria S. Gomez, RN, MPH, President and CEO, Mary’s Center
- Duncan Lawrence, PhD, Executive Director, Stanford University Immigration Policy Lab
- Theresa Cardinal Brown, Director of Immigration and Cross-Border Policy, Bipartisan Policy Center; Co-Moderator
- Anand Parekh, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Advisor, Bipartisan Policy Center; Co-Moderator